Information & videos contained on this website have been compiled by Master Distributor Brandon Boyd

Saturday, May 26, 2012

TRAINING WHEELS
I was training our youngest daughter this morning how to ride a bike without training wheels. Quickly, she faltered, got scared, cried quite a bit, and eventually said, “Dad, put the training wheels back on. I don’t want to try anymore.”

It hit me when she made that statement because too many people as they grow up say in essence “Put on the training wheels…I want to play it s
afe”. People today don’t take enough risk in life. They don’t get married because they might get divorced. They don’t take the job because it seems too big. They don’t pursue a business because their life seems too overwhelming already. Too many tip-toe to their graves hoping to reach death safely. Many are not willing to falter and fail. They might get a scab on their leg or a wounded self-esteem so instead, they play it safe and put the training wheels back on.

Any dead fish can float down stream. What if what you do actually works? If you fail, at least you know and gain wisdom because you tried. We must live full and die empty.

Formula for success:

PERSISTENCE + FAILURE = SUCCESS

You must persistently fail your way to success in life. All successful people are great failures. They just take it in stride and learn from it.

P.S. – After Memorial Day, I will convince our daughter (as long as she has the desire) to try again and if she does indeed get a scab, I will have a band-aid close by :)